Maryland Gooeys launches £3m ad boost
Burton's Biscuit Company is backing its Maryland Gooeys range with a £3 million adspend, beginning with a TV ad that breaks today.
The TV ad, created by VCCP, returns to the animated mugs that featured in the 2013 campaign. The mugs have come to life and are hoping they will get cookies dunked into them.
In the new spot, initially a pirate mug refuses to share the cookies with the other mugs, but then he sees the gooey inside and becomes reasonable, agreeing to share them.
The ad will run during high-profile shows including ‘Splash’ on ITV, ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ on Channel 5 and ‘Stella’ on Sky, in a campaign planned and bought by UM.
Stuart Wilson, the chief marketing officer, Burton’s Biscuit Company, said: "The continued investment in this extremely popular product will ensure that Maryland retains its position as the nation’s favourite cookie, and reflects our commitment behind Burton’s Biscuit Company’s Power Brands.
"Maryland Gooeys has had a brilliant response from consumers and retailers alike, helping to transform the biscuit aisle – and we will ensure this continues throughout 2014."
The art director at VCCP was Paul Kocur and the copywriter was Jermaine Hillman. Geoffroy de Crecy directed the spot through Friend. Post production was by Munky, with audio post production by Jungle.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London