South African Airways hands digital media to UM London
South African Airways has appointed UM London to handle its UK digital buying media account across the UK and Ireland.
South African Airways: UM London picks up account
The airline appointed the IPG Mediabrands agency following a four-way competitive pitch process.
UM London already provides media planning for the South African Tourist Board.
Jon Danks, the head of UK and Ireland marketing and communications at SAA, said this existing relationship made the agency more attractive.
Danks said: "A collaboration between a tourist board and an airline offers clear opportunities to understand the entire customer journey, and UM London’s ideas and overall approach was a clear winner.
"Digital and social marketing require an integrated campaign approach, agility, refinement and a clear retargeting strategy."
The agency will work alongside SAA’s existing agencies Black Diamond (PR), Spike (CRM) Street Designs (creative), and Beeliked (social).
Pete Skarparis, a planning manager at UM London, said: "Our existing expertise working with a client from this region in the holiday and travel sectors put us in a strong position. We very much look forward to a close working relationship."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)