RadioCentre hires HarperCollins UK's Siobhan Kenny as chief exec
RadioCentre has hired Siobhan Kenny, the group director of communications at HarperCollins UK and International, as its new chief executive, replacing Andrew Harrison.
Siobhan Kenny: joins RadioCentre
Kenny has been charged with "reinvigorating" the commercial radio industry's trade body, redefine its role as the industry becomes increasingly consolidated and to support the commercial radio industry as it develops.
Prior to being her six years at HarperCollins UK and International, Kenny held roles including a board member and director of strategy and communications at the Department of Culture, Media and Sport.
Between 1994 and 1999 Kenny worked in the Number 10 press office for prime ministers John Major and Tony Blair.
Since Harrison left the RadioCentre last year Linda Smith, the executive chairman of the Radio Advertising Bureau, has held the position in an interim capacity.
Stephen Miron, the group chief executive at Global, said: "To attract someone of Siobhan's calibre to the commercial radio sector is testament to the current strength of the industry.
"Siobhan brings a whole new perspective from a strong leadership background in politics, media and communications which will prove invaluable as we look to build and evolve the sector over the next few years connecting our distinctive brands with existing and new audiences."
Harrison left RadioCentre at the end of September 2013.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London