Campaign Viral Chart: Arnie goes 'undercover' and beats Super Bowl ads
Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and former Governor of California, dons a dubious disguise in this week's most-shared ad to dispense health and fitness advice to members of a gym.
Arnold Schwarzenegger: former Governor dons disguise in this week's viral hit
The ad for Omaze, an organisation that allows people to bid to win experiences in support of causes and charities, features Schwarzenegger interacting with a number of gym goers while wearing a false moustache and wig.
In the ad, shared 264,733 times this week, Schwarzenegger poses as personal trainer and regional manager of a Gold's Gym in Venice, California to raise money for after-school activities.
Following the viral success of "the epic split" starring Jean-Claude van Damme, Volvo and its agency Forsman & Bodenfors enter the chart with a new ad.
Shared 175,729 times this week, the two-minute video features shots of the footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic diving into a frozen lake and providing an inspirational voice over in Swedish, ending with the line: "I want to live and die in Sweden".
As the UK, and the rest of the world, gears up for this week's Super Bowl, game day ads and teasers for ESPN, Volkswagen, Budweiser, Dannon and Jaguar, have also entered the chart.
The most-shared Super Bowl ad, ESPN's "long week" by Wieden & Kennedy, was shared more than 90,000 times this week.
1. Omaze "arnold works at Gold's" created in-house
264,733 shares this week
All time: 404,093 shares
2. Volvo "made by sweden" by Forsman & Bodenfors
175,729 shares this week
All time: 189,670 shares
3. ESPN "long week" by Wieden & Kennedy
90,002 shares this week
All time: 90,002 shares
4. 20th Century Fox Film "devil baby attack" by Thinkmodo NY
78,075 shares this week
All time: 1,949,468 shares
5. Apple "thirty years of innovation" by TBWA
42,740 shares this week
All time: 43,098 shares
6. Duracell "trust your power" by Saatchi & Saatchi, New York
29,248 shares this week
All time: 310,549 shares
7. Volkswagen "wings" by Venables Bell & Partners
27,749 shares this week
All time: 27,749 shares
8. Budweiser "puppy love" by Anomaly
27,636 shares this week
All time: 27,636 shares
9. Dannon "the spill" by Vinizius/Y&R
26,523 shares this week
All time: 26,523 shares
10. Jaguar "the truth" by Spark 44
22,533 shares this week
All time: 36,670 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Executive - B2B - Berkshire Stopgap £23000 - £28000 per annum, London