Brands join in with 24.9m Super Bowl tweets
Skittles, Vogue, KFC and Tide were among the brands who contributed to the 24.9 million Super Bowl-themed tweets last night as the Seattle Seahawks claimed victory over the Denver Broncos.
Super Bowl: a celebratory tweet from the Seahawks' account was retweeted more than 8,000 times
Tide, the washing detergent brand, used Twitter's Vine to tweet a looping video message during half-time.
The tweet, which appeared to reference Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction of ten years ago, by featuring a Pepsi bottle with a bra strap that breaks, was retweeted and favourited more than 400 times.
H&M, the fashion retailer, referenced Axe's "kiss for peace" Super Bowl ad, which was the most-shared ad last week ahead of the event, to get in on the action.
The tweet also included the Axe ad's hashtag #KissForPeace.
In a blog from
Twitter revealed in a blog post that Percy Harvin, an offensive player for the Seattle Seahawks, was responsible for the peak of the conversation.
During the game, Harvin ran the game ball 87 yards to score a touchdown, which generated 381,605 tweets per minute – the highest of the game.
After the game, a celebratory tweet from the Seahawks' official account was retweeted more than 8,000 times.
A "thank you" message to fans of the Broncos, sent from their official account was retweeted more than 6,000 times.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)