Scottish Widows: watch the return of the hooded woman
Scottish Widows has returned to TV with a campaign featuring its iconic hooded woman, as the Lloyds Banking Group-owned pensions and investments provider looks forward to its 200th anniversary next year.
The campaign, created by 101, kicked off last night with a TV spot called "life feels better when you have a plan". The spot aims to address the shortfall between expectations and reality experienced by people who do not save enough money for their retirement.
Alongside the hooded woman, the ad stars real people from across the UK, including a fisherman in Hastings and a ballet teacher in East London, in a bid to demonstrate that people from all walks of life will feel better if they have planned for their retirement.
At 101, the creative director was Simon Schmitt, the copywriters were Augusto Sola and Philip Kitching and the art director was Tanya Holbrook. Leila and Damien de Blinkk directed the ad through Wanda Productions.
The campaign, which was planned and bought by MEC, also includes eight online films, outdoor, press, digital, other marketing materials, and media partnerships.
The creative framework for the new campaign and look was devised in collaboration with the creative engagement agency Rufus Leonard.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Artworker Print Aspire £25 - £30 per hour, London
- Strategic Media Planner - Television Boyce Recruitment Salary depends on experience -plus great bens., London (West), London (Greater)