Ping Pong unveils 'fortune-telling' chopsticks for Chinese New Year
Ping Pong, the dim sum and cocktail restaurant, has used 'fortune-telling' chopsticks which change colour to celebrate the Chinese New Year with diners.
Ping Pong: created 'fortune-telling' chopsticks
The UK’s first fortune telling chopsticks predict the users’ future through use of a thermo sensitive lacquer which changes colour when the sticks are held. The chopsticks have a black tip which changes to either green, white red, blue or yellow, to predict the holders' fortune for 2014 - the year of the horse.
The colour change depends on the person holding the chopsticks and is reflective of one of the five elements of Eastern philosophy; wood, metal, fire, water and earth. The chopsticks are designed to tap into a trend for ‘emotional mirror’ fashion and accessories.
The first 300 to diners to say say "kung hei fat choy" ('happy new year' in Cantonese) to Ping Pong staff will be given a set for free.
Brand: Ping Pong
Client: Katie Harel, group marketing manager, Ping Pong
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London