Facebook's tenth birthday: watch a brief history
Facebook, the social network co-founded and led by Mark Zuckerberg, celebrates its tenth birthday today.
Facebook: Vine video briefly encapsulates the social network's history
Launched in 2004 as thefacebook.com, Facebook now boasts 1.23 billion monthly active users. Its mobile products are used by 945 million each month.
In 2010, Zuckerberg was named "Person of the year" by Time magazine.
The social network acquired Instagram, the photo-sharing app, in April 2012, for a reported $1 billion.
Based in California, Facebook now operates offices across locations including Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire