Paul Smith is my biggest inspiration, says Grey's Maguire
Vicki Maguire, deputy executive creative director at Grey London, has spoken to Campaign about how she got into advertising and how she came to own a sweetshop.
Download our iPad app now from the App Store and access the edition this evening as part of your Campaign Premium subscription.
Maguire, who owns and runs the shop in the East End of London, cites Paul Smith as her biggest career inspiration.
She said: "I studied fashion and I got to college and found I couldn't draw."
Smith told her not to panic and reassured her that her ideas could be written down instead.
She added: "He always said he's an okay designer and an okay businessman, but you needed to be both."
Maguire also talks about balancing her career in advertising with her shop.
"I've never just seen myself as an advertising creative," she said. "My nan had a sweetshop in Leicester...and I missed it".
Maguire, who created the 'Vinnie' work for the British Heart Foundation, said she did not have a creative upbringing and has been in retail since the age of 13, with a market stall selling second-hand clothes.
The full profile and three-minute video is available exclusively in the 6 January iPad edition.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London