Ovo Energy: The 'big six' are not on the side of the consumer
Ovo Energy marketing director Charlie Smith has dismissed claims by the Big Six energy firms that they are on the side of the consumer.
Speaking ahead of the company’s first TV ad campaign, Smith explained that the company was going to build on the momentum created when Ovo boss Stephen Fitzpatrick argued the Big Six were among the best "filibusters" in the business during a Select Committee hearing.
Smith cast aspersions on the Big Six after EDF Energy told Marketing it could be a consumer "champion" and nPower claimed it was putting customers "at the centre of the conversation".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)