Ovo Energy: The 'big six' are not on the side of the consumer
Ovo Energy marketing director Charlie Smith has dismissed claims by the Big Six energy firms that they are on the side of the consumer.
Speaking ahead of the company’s first TV ad campaign, Smith explained that the company was going to build on the momentum created when Ovo boss Stephen Fitzpatrick argued the Big Six were among the best "filibusters" in the business during a Select Committee hearing.
Smith cast aspersions on the Big Six after EDF Energy told Marketing it could be a consumer "champion" and nPower claimed it was putting customers "at the centre of the conversation".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £24000 - £28000 per annum + pro rata - 3 month contract, London