Three great ads Vicki Maguire had nothing to do with
In the latest in our series with Thinkbox, Vicki Maguire has chosen three great ads that she loves, but had nothing to do with.
Vicki’s first choice is Parklife, which has Robbie Fowler, Eric Cantona, "who I absolutely love" and David Seaman playing Sunday League football for Nike.
She says: "It made sense of Just do it, because whether or not you’re a top athlete or some kind of bearded beer barrel that they stick in goal because you’re the one that’s driven them to the match, you have a role to play, and I love that"
Vicki’s second choice, Points of View for The Guardian, was created by one of her advertising heroes. "All of the ads I remember, all the ones that shaped me growing up, when I got in to advertising I found out they were by this one guy." John Webster’s ad challenges preconceptions, ultimately reminding you that one event can be seen many different ways.
Vicki’s final choice is a much more light-hearted "singing, animated and camp car ad", Grrr for Honda. Based around the lead engineer’s refusal to make a diesel engine because he hated them so much, and only relenting when he was told he could design one completely from scratch, the soundtrack to this ad is the song "Hate something; change something", and the ad "everything s car advert shouldn’t be, and it absolutely runs over the competition."
See the video and Vicki’s choices here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)