Omnicom Publicis merger creeps into Q3
Omnicom Group, the owner of the BBDO and OMD networks, has said its merger with Publicis Groupe might not take place until the third quarter of this year, as it reported its pre-tax income increased by less than one per cent in Q4.
Maurice Levy and John Wren: Publicis and Omnicom chiefs respectively
According to Omnicom’s results for 2013, the group’s total global revenue was $4.06 billion (£2.46 billion) in the last three months of the year, up 2.9 per cent when compared to the same period in 2012.
Omnicom reported income before income taxes of $511.4 million (£310.47 million), up 0.7 per cent year on year.
Publicis Groupe and Omnicom announced plans to merge in July 2013 and had hoped the deal would go through in the early 2014. Yesterday Omnicom said it expected the deal to complete "a little bit into the third quarter".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)