ITN to launch news channel with ntl.
ITN is to launch what it claims will be the world’s first fully convergent digital news channel at the end of the summer.
ITN is to launch what it claims will be the world’s first fully
convergent digital news channel at the end of the summer.
Known as ITN News Channel, it will be free to air and entirely supported
The channel, which is a joint venture with ntl, will be accessible across
a range of platforms, including television, digital radio, PCs, mobile
phones and laptops. It will hold interactive content offering direct
access to additional information, pictures and graphics.
More than 13 million people will be able to access the channel from home,
including all ntl analogue and digital viewers, former CWC digital
viewers, Telewest digital viewers, digital satellite viewers and, at
breakfast time, all digital TV viewers. It will also be available on video
and audio screens on ITN’s site, itn.co.uk. Towards the end of the year,
it will be offered as audio and text on Orange WAP phones.
In partnership with Psion and Unique Interactive, the audio service with
text and web-style pages will be available to laptops at the end of
September from Psion Wayfinder.
ITN chief executive Stewart Purvis said: ”This is the right environment
for advertisers. It will attract younger people than those drawn to
traditional news services.”
He added: ”Our research shows that cross-channel selling is of interest to
media buyers because they can plan an ad campaign across platforms.”
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...