Unilever plunges £5m into celebratory campaign for Colman's 200th anniversary
Unilever is celebrating the 200th anniversary of Colman's with a £4.8m campaign that shows the role it plays in British family life.
The first stage of the campaign kicks off on Monday 17 February, with a 60-second ad for Colman’s dry packet sauces and positions the brand as "proper, tasty, wholesome British food".
Joanna Wright, brand manager for Colman’s dry packet sauces at Unilever UK, said: "With the strapline ‘meals that say it all’, the new advert demonstrates the way we use food to express ourselves, whether it’s to reward, sympathise, support or comfort.
"The 200th anniversary is a significant milestone for the brand – confirming that it continues to offer a quality and taste that families know they can rely on. Over the years, the range has expanded significantly from its launch as a mustard brand in 1814 and now offers a range of recipe mixes, condiments and gravies, spanning three categories and contributing over £89 million in total value sales."
Adam&EveDDB created the ad that shows a young girl breaking up with her boyfriend and her doting father cooking a Colman’s Shepherd’s Pie to comfort the heartbroken girl.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End