Macmillan seeks support with new cancer campaign
Macmillan Cancer Support is back with a new campaign reminding people that no one should face cancer alone, one year after releasing its moving "not alone" spot.
The charity is releasing a 60-second TV spot today called "thank you" that shows a woman having chemotherapy in hospital.
Throughout the session, the woman thinks about all the people who have helped her fight the disease, including friends, family and a Macmillan nurse. As the spot draws to a close, a voiceover says: "No one should face cancer alone".
VCCP created the ad, which is backed by print, outdoor and digital executions. Lucy Aston wrote the campaign, it was art directed by Josefine Lindmark and directed by Steve Reeves through Another Film Company.
The new campaign builds on Macmillan’s previous work, which was released in February 2013.
The 2013 ads showed people who had been diagnosed with cancer falling over and then being caught by others, making the point that Macmillan was there to support sufferers of the disease.
Macmillan hopes that its latest ads will inspire more people to donate time or money to the charity.
Hilary Cross, the director of marketing and communications at Macmillan, said: "We hope to build on the success of last year’s campaign and reach even more people affected by cancer through this advertising.
"The number of people diagnosed with cancer is set to double – from two to four million – in the next 20 years, which will put tremendous pressure on our services.
"It’s now more important than ever that we extend our reach, and inspire more people to support Macmillan, whether that’s through donating, campaigning or volunteering."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)