Sorrell kicks back at Labour criticisms
Sir Martin Sorrell has hit back at Helen Goodman MP's criticism of the advertising industry, in an article in The Daily Telegraph.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
In a bylined piece published online on Saturday 15 February the chief executive of WPP said Goodman’s comments at the Advertising Association’s Lead conference in January were "just the latest addition to the canon of ad-bashing".
Sorrell cited the Deloitte report, on behalf of the AA, which found the advertising industry contributes £100 billion to UK GDP, and contrasted it to Goodman’s suggestion that "excesses in marketing" contributed to the London riots.
Sorrell added: "Industry leaders were alarmed and bemused by her apparent hostility and suspicion towards the advertising and marketing services business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End