Sorrell kicks back at Labour criticisms
Sir Martin Sorrell has hit back at Helen Goodman MP's criticism of the advertising industry, in an article in The Daily Telegraph.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
In a bylined piece published online on Saturday 15 February the chief executive of WPP said Goodman’s comments at the Advertising Association’s Lead conference in January were "just the latest addition to the canon of ad-bashing".
Sorrell cited the Deloitte report, on behalf of the AA, which found the advertising industry contributes £100 billion to UK GDP, and contrasted it to Goodman’s suggestion that "excesses in marketing" contributed to the London riots.
Sorrell added: "Industry leaders were alarmed and bemused by her apparent hostility and suspicion towards the advertising and marketing services business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London