Google+ and Saatchi Gallery partner to launch gif competition
Google has partnered with The Saatchi Gallery to launch a photographic contest judged by Baz Lurhmann and Tracey Emin that embraces the popular gif technology trend.
Google partners with The Saatchi Gallery for the Motion Photography Prize
Google and Saatchi Gallery’s Motion Photography Prize competition hopes to encourage experimentation with the photography art form and is open for entrants from 5 February to 1 April.
The Motion Photography Prize will allow users to show off their gif making skills, by using Google+ to animate still photographs and turn them into motion photography.
There will be six categories judged by a panel including film director Baz Luhrmann, Tracey Emin, Shezad Dawood and Cindy Sherman and winners will be given the chance to have their work showcased in the Saatchi Gallery.
The scheme follows on from 2012’s Google Photography Prize with the Saatchi Gallery and Google’s partnership with the Barbican.
The Barbican tie-up is part of a summer exhibition of art, design, film, music and videogames from the 3 July to 14 September, where Google hopes to explore the transformation of the arts through digital technology since the 1970s.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London