Google+ and Saatchi Gallery partner to launch gif competition
Google has partnered with The Saatchi Gallery to launch a photographic contest judged by Baz Lurhmann and Tracey Emin that embraces the popular gif technology trend.
Google partners with The Saatchi Gallery for the Motion Photography Prize
Google and Saatchi Gallery’s Motion Photography Prize competition hopes to encourage experimentation with the photography art form and is open for entrants from 5 February to 1 April.
The Motion Photography Prize will allow users to show off their gif making skills, by using Google+ to animate still photographs and turn them into motion photography.
There will be six categories judged by a panel including film director Baz Luhrmann, Tracey Emin, Shezad Dawood and Cindy Sherman and winners will be given the chance to have their work showcased in the Saatchi Gallery.
The scheme follows on from 2012’s Google Photography Prize with the Saatchi Gallery and Google’s partnership with the Barbican.
The Barbican tie-up is part of a summer exhibition of art, design, film, music and videogames from the 3 July to 14 September, where Google hopes to explore the transformation of the arts through digital technology since the 1970s.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London