Google+ and Saatchi Gallery partner to launch gif competition
Google has partnered with The Saatchi Gallery to launch a photographic contest judged by Baz Lurhmann and Tracey Emin that embraces the popular gif technology trend.
Google partners with The Saatchi Gallery for the Motion Photography Prize
Google and Saatchi Gallery’s Motion Photography Prize competition hopes to encourage experimentation with the photography art form and is open for entrants from 5 February to 1 April.
The Motion Photography Prize will allow users to show off their gif making skills, by using Google+ to animate still photographs and turn them into motion photography.
There will be six categories judged by a panel including film director Baz Luhrmann, Tracey Emin, Shezad Dawood and Cindy Sherman and winners will be given the chance to have their work showcased in the Saatchi Gallery.
The scheme follows on from 2012’s Google Photography Prize with the Saatchi Gallery and Google’s partnership with the Barbican.
The Barbican tie-up is part of a summer exhibition of art, design, film, music and videogames from the 3 July to 14 September, where Google hopes to explore the transformation of the arts through digital technology since the 1970s.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire