Google+ and Saatchi Gallery partner to launch gif competition
Google has partnered with The Saatchi Gallery to launch a photographic contest judged by Baz Lurhmann and Tracey Emin that embraces the popular gif technology trend.
Google partners with The Saatchi Gallery for the Motion Photography Prize
Google and Saatchi Gallery’s Motion Photography Prize competition hopes to encourage experimentation with the photography art form and is open for entrants from 5 February to 1 April.
The Motion Photography Prize will allow users to show off their gif making skills, by using Google+ to animate still photographs and turn them into motion photography.
There will be six categories judged by a panel including film director Baz Luhrmann, Tracey Emin, Shezad Dawood and Cindy Sherman and winners will be given the chance to have their work showcased in the Saatchi Gallery.
The scheme follows on from 2012’s Google Photography Prize with the Saatchi Gallery and Google’s partnership with the Barbican.
The Barbican tie-up is part of a summer exhibition of art, design, film, music and videogames from the 3 July to 14 September, where Google hopes to explore the transformation of the arts through digital technology since the 1970s.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London