Engine agencies beat two for British Army advertising brief
The British Army has appointed Engine to help explain to the UK public how it is changing, as it prepares to withdraw from Afghanistan by the end of 2014.
British Army: appointed Engine
The Engine agencies Partners Andrews Aldridge and WCRS were shortlisted alongside Enter and Ogilvy & Mather, and pitched for the business in February in a process that was managed by the Crown Commercial Service.
Engine will create campaigns to explain the Army’s objectives following the end of combat operations in Afghanistan and the role of the Army Reserve, which replaced the Territorial Army last month.
David Watson, the senior campaign manager at the No10 campaigns unit, said: "As the Army changes, it is essential that the public understands what it continues to do for them."
JWT, which won the recruitment marketing advertising account in 2012 as part of a consortium led by Capita, is not affected. In January, a spot calling for full- and part-time recruits was released.
Engine already handles recruitment advertising for the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London