Goodstuff wins £1m Kopparberg media account
Kopparberg, the Swedish cider brewery, has appointed Goodstuff Communications to handle its media planning and buying, after a two-way pitch also involving the incumbent Arena Media.
Kopparberg: appoints Goodstuff Communications to its media account
Arena had held the business since 2008, when the media agency was known as Arena BLM, before rebranding to Arena Media in 2010.
Kopparberg spent £962,271 on media in 2013 in the UK, according to Nielsen, but claimed it would spend £4 million on advertising that year at the start of 2013.
The bulk of this spend – some £600,000 – was on a TV spot from 18 Feet & Rising, which joined the brand’s creative roster in early 2013 and was tasked with creating a "breakthrough" integrated campaign.
18 Feet & Rising’s campaign, "forest risings", ran from June 2013 on TV, outdoor and digital platforms. The central film showed a wolf running through a forest in Sweden and then arriving at a clearing where Kopparberg bottles sit on top of giant ice pillars containing frozen fruit.
The ad was aimed at promoting the brewery’s mixed fruit, strawberry, and lime and pear varieties of cider.
Kopparberg did not respond to requests for comment before Campaign went to press. No one at Goodstuff would comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London