Piers Morgan's CNN show axed
Piers Morgan's high-profile evening show on CNN is to end after three years of failing ratings.
Piers Morgan: took over the 9pm slot on CNN three years ago
Morgan took over from CNN's long-time evening presenter Larry King in 2011, but 'Piers Morgan Tonight' has struggled to reverse the channel's declining ratings for the crucial 9pm time slot.
In an interview with The New York Times, published yesterday, Morgan said he and CNN's president, Jeffery Zucker, had decided to pull the plug on the show, which would probably end in March.
Morgan said: " It's been a painful period and lately we have taken a bath in the ratings", but added that he and Zucker had been "talking for some time about different ways of using me".
Earlier this month, it emerged that Morgan, who is a former editor of the Daily Mirror and the News of the World, was questioned under caution over phone-hacking allegations at the end of 2013.Piers Morgan
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)