Motors.co.uk launches 'chicken' TV ad
Motors.co.uk is releasing the next phase of its "carfuffle" campaign, which features a car buyer riding around on a headless chicken.
The ad features a confused car buyer called Mark riding a chicken. He eventually lands on his sofa next to his pregnant partner, who points him to Motors.co.uk.
The ad, called "chicken", will run throughout March on channels including ITV, Channel 4, Sky 1, Dave, Sky Atlantic, E4, Sky News and BT Sport. The final ad, "carousel", will run alongside it from April.
Brave and its creative director Liam Fenton created the campaign. Both TV spots were filmed in South Africa, where Oscar Cariss directed them through Annex Films.
The TV work will be supported by radio, outdoor, performance media and PR, in a campaign planned and bought by MNC.
Dermot Kelleher, the head of marketing and research at Motors.co.uk, said: "The ‘chicken’ creative is the next phase of our campaign to provide the tools to help consumers avoid the ‘carfuffle’ that often comes with changing their car.
"The ‘running around like a headless chicken’ metaphor was the first idea our creative agency Brave pitched to us and we felt the comedic approach would appeal to couples and young families who are at a key life-stage for changing and updating their cars."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...