Sofaworks to sponsor Gogglebox as it moves to Friday night
Sofaworks, the sofa retailer previously called CSL, has signed a sponsorship deal for the high-profile TV show 'Gogglebox', ahead of its return in a new Friday night slot on 7 March.
Channel 4’s regional sales force in Manchester and Carat North negotiated the terms of the sponsorship. TBWA Manchester will make the idents, which will feature the Neal the sloth character from Sofaworks’ advertising.
‘Gogglebox’ first aired in March last year. An observational documentary, the show made unlikely stars of the couples, families and friends it videoed watching and talking about TV.
Sofaworks will have branding on all the trails for the show, starting on Channel 4 channels this week, as well as idents at the beginning and end of the show, and before and after the breaks.
Victoria Betts, the chief marketing officer at Sofaworks, said: "Gogglebox is the perfect fit for our brand – to us a sofa is at the heart of every home and this ethos is reflected in the show’s format.
"This sponsorship deal is an integral part of our ambitious plans for the brand over the coming year."
The new series will feature the return of the Liverpool older couple Leon and June; Steph and Dom, the wealthy couple who often featured drinking Champagne; the hairdressers Christopher and Stephen, and Brixton-based Sandy and Sandra.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Creative Designer fishtank £30000 - £34000 per annum, Cambridge