Coke makes 'frozen' debut with Diet Coke Frost Cherry drink
Coca-Cola is launching a Slush Puppie-style semi-frozen drink called Diet Coke Frost Cherry, which goes on sale this week in the US.
Coke: makes frozen drink debut with Diet Coke Frost Cherry variant
The drink became available yesterday as a Slurpee exclusively at 7-Eleven stores across the US, with the product rolling out in other retailers' "frozen drinks" machines at the end of May.
Slurpees are sold by 7-Eleven under licence from The Icee Company, which also owns Slush Puppie, the brand better known to UK consumers.
A 20-ounce serving of Diet Coke Frost Cherry includes natural cherry flavour and contains 30 calories and 12g of carbohydrates.
Stuart Kronauge, Coca-Cola North America’s general manager for sparkling beverages, said: "Diet Coke Frost is a great-tasting, refreshing uplift for any time of day. Providing fans with yet another way to enjoy their favourite beverage demonstrates why Diet Coke continues to be the number-two beverage in the US.
"Exclusively partnering with 7-Eleven for the debut of Diet Coke Frost brings this innovation to people nationwide, in a setting famous for delivering frozen perfection."
Consumers who download 7-Eleven’s free mobile app to their iPhone or Android phone can claim a coupon for a free Diet Coke Frost Cherry.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola revealed it was making a $1.25bn (£767m) investment in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), a company that is developing its own home-based fizzy drinks system.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)