Coke makes 'frozen' debut with Diet Coke Frost Cherry drink
Coca-Cola is launching a Slush Puppie-style semi-frozen drink called Diet Coke Frost Cherry, which goes on sale this week in the US.
Coke: makes frozen drink debut with Diet Coke Frost Cherry variant
The drink became available yesterday as a Slurpee exclusively at 7-Eleven stores across the US, with the product rolling out in other retailers' "frozen drinks" machines at the end of May.
Slurpees are sold by 7-Eleven under licence from The Icee Company, which also owns Slush Puppie, the brand better known to UK consumers.
A 20-ounce serving of Diet Coke Frost Cherry includes natural cherry flavour and contains 30 calories and 12g of carbohydrates.
Stuart Kronauge, Coca-Cola North America’s general manager for sparkling beverages, said: "Diet Coke Frost is a great-tasting, refreshing uplift for any time of day. Providing fans with yet another way to enjoy their favourite beverage demonstrates why Diet Coke continues to be the number-two beverage in the US.
"Exclusively partnering with 7-Eleven for the debut of Diet Coke Frost brings this innovation to people nationwide, in a setting famous for delivering frozen perfection."
Consumers who download 7-Eleven’s free mobile app to their iPhone or Android phone can claim a coupon for a free Diet Coke Frost Cherry.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola revealed it was making a $1.25bn (£767m) investment in Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR), a company that is developing its own home-based fizzy drinks system.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London