First Great Western awards McCann investment brief
First Great Western has appointed McCann London to tell Britons about its investment plans in the coming years.
First Great Western: I'm a Great Westerner by Leith
McCann is tasked with creating outdoor, digital, press and radio campaigns telling customers about the £15 billion being spent to improve First Great Western’s lines, trains and stations.
The brief is a new one and, as such, there is no incumbent. First Great Western’s head of marketing, Philip Edgerton, ran the pitch.
The Interpublic agency was appointed after a competitive pitch against four other agencies.
Less than 48 hours after First Great Western appointed McCann, the company drafted a press ad thanking consumers for their patience and understanding for the delays caused by severe wind and rain.
A spokesman for the rail company said McCann’s appointment does not affect Leith, which has handled First Great Western’s brand advertising since 2010 and is responsible for its 'I’m a Great Westerner' campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)