First Great Western awards McCann investment brief
First Great Western has appointed McCann London to tell Britons about its investment plans in the coming years.
First Great Western: I'm a Great Westerner by Leith
McCann is tasked with creating outdoor, digital, press and radio campaigns telling customers about the £15 billion being spent to improve First Great Western’s lines, trains and stations.
The brief is a new one and, as such, there is no incumbent. First Great Western’s head of marketing, Philip Edgerton, ran the pitch.
The Interpublic agency was appointed after a competitive pitch against four other agencies.
Less than 48 hours after First Great Western appointed McCann, the company drafted a press ad thanking consumers for their patience and understanding for the delays caused by severe wind and rain.
A spokesman for the rail company said McCann’s appointment does not affect Leith, which has handled First Great Western’s brand advertising since 2010 and is responsible for its 'I’m a Great Westerner' campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)