First Great Western awards McCann investment brief
First Great Western has appointed McCann London to tell Britons about its investment plans in the coming years.
First Great Western: I'm a Great Westerner by Leith
McCann is tasked with creating outdoor, digital, press and radio campaigns telling customers about the £15 billion being spent to improve First Great Western’s lines, trains and stations.
The brief is a new one and, as such, there is no incumbent. First Great Western’s head of marketing, Philip Edgerton, ran the pitch.
The Interpublic agency was appointed after a competitive pitch against four other agencies.
Less than 48 hours after First Great Western appointed McCann, the company drafted a press ad thanking consumers for their patience and understanding for the delays caused by severe wind and rain.
A spokesman for the rail company said McCann’s appointment does not affect Leith, which has handled First Great Western’s brand advertising since 2010 and is responsible for its 'I’m a Great Westerner' campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London