Microsoft top marketer out as Clinton aide promoted to strategy chief
Microsoft is having its biggest senior management shake-up since Satya Nadella joined as chief executive last month, as top marketer Tami Reller leaves the tech giant and former Clinton family aide Mark Penn becomes chief strategy officer.
Satya Nadella: joined Microsoft as chief executive in February
Reller, who is currently the executive vice-president of marketing at Microsoft, is reportedly leaving the company alongside Tony Bates, the executive vice-president of business development.
Penn, the former aide to the Clinton family who has been an executive vice-president at Microsoft overseeing advertising and strategy, will now become chief strategy officer.
The move marks the biggest change to the company’s management structure since Nadella took over from former chief executive Steve Ballmer in February, when co-founder Bill Gates announced he would step down as the chairman of the board and take on a new role as a technology advisor.
Reller leaves the company after 13 years in its management ranks, starting as corporate vice-president of Dynamics, rising to divisional CFO, Windows CFO and CMO and finally executive vice president of marketing. She had only been in this role for nine months.
Bates, who originally joined Microsoft in the company’s acquisition of Skype in 2011, is expected to leave immediately, although Reller will reportedly stay on for a few months to help with the transition.
Microsoft declined to comment on the changes.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London