The Sun's Page 3 partners breast cancer charity CoppaFeel for six-month deal
Breast cancer charity CoppaFeel has partnered with The Sun's Page 3 in a six-month deal to run a 'Check'em Tuesday' campaign, encouraging women to check for breast cancer every week.
Coppafeel: breast cancer charity partners with The Sun's Page 3
The Sun’s notorious Page 3, which features topless women, was coming under increasing pressure from campaigners who want News UK to drop the section before the partnership with CoppaFeel.
The charity hopes to reach The Sun’s 1.7 million readers aged between 18 and 35, because they fall within CoppaFeel’s target audience and the chance of survival is significantly increased if the disease is detected early.
CoppaFeel was founded by Kris Hallenga, who has an incurable breast cancer after contracting the disease at 23, with it developing to stage four of the disease.
When breast cancer is found at stage one and is still in the breast, people have a 90% chance of surviving, but if found at stage four when it has spread elsewhere in the body, the survival rate drops to 10%.
Under the partnership, The Sun will donate the equivalent of £1.5m-worth advertising to the fight against breast cancer and it is hoped the increase in awareness will help the charity drive more sign-ups to text alerts and recruit more university "boob teams", who seek to educate students about detecting the disease early.
Hallenga said: "If someone had educated me about breast cancer and how to spot the signs, I might not be in the predicament I am in now, where I have to go into hospital every month for treatment and take a daily cocktail of drugs.
"It is my mission to encourage all women of any age to be breast aware: Know what is normal for you; look and feel; know what changes to look for and report any changes to your doctor without delay."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)