Amex signs up Tina Fey for EveryDay credit card launch
American Express has teamed up with actress, comedian and writer Tina Fey to promote its new EveryDay no-fee rewards-based credit card, with a TV ad campaign that broke during coverage of last night's Academy Awards.
Tina Fey munches on pot pourri in humorous American Express TV spot
Fey, who starred in and created cult comedy ’30 Rock’, stars in one 60-second and two 30-second ads that depicts her balancing the pressures of family with a high-octane career.
The ads generated some buzz on Twitter last night, with people tweeting about how Fey holds the American Express EveryDay card upside down in the ad. American Express responded with a tweet in upside down, back-to-front text that when reorganised read: "Turning the credit card world upside down".
Fey is also appearing in print ads shot by photographer Annie Liebowitz.
The EveryDay card launches in the US on 2 April and is aimed at working mothers. It allows holders to collect rewards at shops they frequent, and if used for purchases 20 or more times during a billing period, users receive 20% extra in reward points.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)