Amex signs up Tina Fey for EveryDay credit card launch
American Express has teamed up with actress, comedian and writer Tina Fey to promote its new EveryDay no-fee rewards-based credit card, with a TV ad campaign that broke during coverage of last night's Academy Awards.
Tina Fey munches on pot pourri in humorous American Express TV spot
Fey, who starred in and created cult comedy ’30 Rock’, stars in one 60-second and two 30-second ads that depicts her balancing the pressures of family with a high-octane career.
The ads generated some buzz on Twitter last night, with people tweeting about how Fey holds the American Express EveryDay card upside down in the ad. American Express responded with a tweet in upside down, back-to-front text that when reorganised read: "Turning the credit card world upside down".
Fey is also appearing in print ads shot by photographer Annie Liebowitz.
The EveryDay card launches in the US on 2 April and is aimed at working mothers. It allows holders to collect rewards at shops they frequent, and if used for purchases 20 or more times during a billing period, users receive 20% extra in reward points.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)