Directors of Quiet Storm in buyout
Quiet Storm's board of directors is buying back the 50 per cent stake it sold to Inferno ahead of the latter's merger with DraftFCB.
Howard, T Robinson, R Robinson and Derbyshire
The buyout is expected to complete in the next two or three weeks, after which Quiet Storm will be fully owned by its four directors: Trevor Robinson, Jon Howard, Rania Robinson and Laura Derbyshire.
Quiet Storm will also move out of Inferno’s Covent Garden office, although the agency has not yet found a new home.
Trevor Robinson, the founder and creative director, said: "Nothing will change. When we got together with Inferno, we thought that the deal would help us move through the glass ceiling and get bigger, but our core clients were used to us as a smaller agency and, in the end, we were pretty much carrying on the way we always had."
Inferno acquired a 50 per cent stake in Quiet Storm in August 2012 for an undisclosed sum.
Rania Robinson, the managing director, said: "We bought into a partnership with Inferno, not a wider network, so this was a perfect opportunity to reappraise that situation." She added that the parting "was very amicable".
In December 2013, Campaign revealed that Interpublic’s DraftFCB had bought Inferno in a bid to strengthen its position in London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London