London & Partners creates travel incubator to help discover 'next Airbnb'
London & Partners, the promotional agency for London, has partnered with social enterprise The Trampery to launch a travel incubator this spring.
Boris Johnson: welcomes the launch of a travel incubator in London
The aim of the incubator is to find "the next Skyscanner or Airbnb" by making London the number-one city for travel tech start-ups
London & Partners will provide network support to start-ups in addition to a shared workspace via The Trampery, a company that provides places to work for entrepreneurs.
Start-ups will have access to travel industry executives, investors and mentors at the 'Traveltech Lab' incubator space.
Gordon Innes, chief executive of London & Partners, said: "We not only have the incubator space they need, we have over 1,000 partners in the travel, leisure and hospitality industry, a wealth of high-level connections and a deep knowledge of the sector."
The Trampery will help with the remodelling of London & Partners’ existing office at More London, a development near Tower Bridge, to provide workspace for a team of experts alongside entrepreneurial travel, tourism and hospitality start-ups.
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, said: ‘‘More and more technology companies are sprouting up and thriving in London.
"As the world’s greatest city to visit and as Europe’s foremost digital hub, we can offer this innovative incubator an ideal home to nurture creative talent and for tech whizz kids to flourish."
News comes the same week John Lewis revealed it was launching a retail technology incubator called JLAB, which will provide one start-up with £100,000 in investment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Consultant Future Trends Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £65000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Client Sales Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £40000 - £45000 per annum + 30% bonus , London