Peugeot ties with Facebook for #KickItToBrazil campaign, but denies World Cup ambush plan
Peugeot has tied up with Facebook to launch a football-themed digital campaign called 'Kick it to Brazil', as it looks to capitalise on interest in this summer's World Cup.
Peugeot: denies World Cup link with #KickItToBrazil campaign
The French car manufacturer, which is not an official World Cup sponsor, will transport a football across 30 countries, before arriving in
Consumers will be able to track the progress of the football through dedicated Facebook and Instagram pages using the hashtag #KickItToBrazil, as well as via a microsite, as it travels in Peugeot vehicles from
— Kick it to Brazil (@Kickit2Brazil) March 5, 2014
Peugeot said it is looking to create a "strong link" between the brand and "multiple generations worldwide", in particular outside
The company also hopes to raise awareness of its Forestry Carbon Sink sustainability project in
Peugeot statement said: "With an international media network of more than 1.2 billion active users, of which 945 million connect via smartphone, Facebook is the obvious media partner to help support this global operation."
With Hyundai and Kia Motors the official automotive partner of the 2014 World Cup, Peugeot may find itself accused of "ambush" marketing.
However, a spokesman denied there was any link with the FIFA competition, stating Peugeot was looking to promote the Carbon Sink project it has been running since 1999.
FIFA is yet to respond to Marketing's request for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)