Kellogg's Special K teams with women's empowerment group Chime for Change
Kellogg’s Special K has signed up to a strategic long-term alliance with female empowerment campaign Chime for Change, in a move which will see the cereal brand seek to reach 25m households with the group’s message.
Chime for Change: signed a strategic alliance with Kellogg's Special K
Kellogg’s Special K has made what it is calling a ‘25/25/25’ commitment to the cause. It will aim to reach 25m households in Europe; inspire 250,000 voices to "chime in" and join the movement; and help improve the lives of 25,000 girls and women around the world through education, health, and justice.
Over the coming months it will use the Special K platform, via online and on-pack, to achieve the pledge.
The alliance between Kellogg and Chime for Change, which also has Facebook and Twitter as partners, was brokered by ethical consultancy Good Business.
Commenting on the partnership, Peter Soer, VP marketing at Kellogg Cereals Europe and a new member of the campaign’s advisory board, said: "Large brands like ours can use our scale and reach to help make a positive impact on the world by driving awareness, inspiring action and ultimately helping to make change happen."
Salma Hayek Pinault, the Chime for Change co-founder, added: "This collaborative partnership with Kellogg’s Special K marks a significant moment for Chime for Change as we continue to drive awareness of girls’ and women’s empowerment among millions of households across the world."
Chime for Change, which is also backed by stars such as Beyoncé and Madonna plus luxury brand Gucci, has also launched the Chime iPhone app today (7 March). Released to coincide with International Women's Day on 8 March, the app aims to "make it easier for voices around the world to ‘chime in’ in support of girls and women, and take action to help power change".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)