Innocent seeks to reinvigorate smoothie category with 'healthiest' new range
Innocent is seeking to reinvigorate its smoothie sales with a new range of "super smoothies" that will be positioned as functional health drinks.
Innocent: new range of 'super smoothies'
The three products in the range are called Defence, Energise and Antioxidant, with each drink purporting to have different health benefits based on their vitamin content.
Coca-Cola-owned Innocent claims the new smoothies are the "healthiest" drinks the brand has ever made, despite the drinks containing 12g to 14g of sugar per 100ml; in comparison to most Innocent smoothies having less than 11g per 100ml.
Innocent said its latest range of smoothies combines the "nutritional power of fruit and veg with seeds, botanicals, vitamins and minerals".
"Our innovative new super smoothie range is for those drinkers looking for more from their drink. We think they will appeal to existing innocent drinkers, but also believe the range will help bring new consumers in to the category and the Innocent brand."
The new range come as smoothie sales dropped 15.5% year on year to £94.8m for the 52 weeks ending 4 January, according to figures from IRI.
Innocent is performing strongly overall due to strong sales of its not from concentrate juices with the last Britvic Soft Drinks report revealing value sales increasing by 36.6% to £213.5m in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...