Sorrell receives £23m payout
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, has secured nearly £23 million in shares, a payout from the marcoms group's long-term incentive scheme.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
Sorrell was awarded 1.78 million in company shares last month, retaining his position as one of the UK’s best-paid chief executives.
The Leadership Equity Acquisition Plan (LEAP) payout referred to Sorrell’s performance between 2009 and 2013. The incentive scheme was scrapped last year, following shareholder dissent over executive pay in 2012, but WPP is still honouring historic awards.
Sorrell’s payout will be confirmed in the 2013 annual report, which is due to be published in the next few weeks.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End