Virgin Holidays top marketer Andrew Shelton departs
Virgin Holidays marketing director Andrew Shelton is to leave the brand after eight years in the role, to pursue "new opportunities" in the travel sector and further afield.
Virgin Holidays marketing director Andrew Shelton to depart (pic: Christopher Willan)
While in the role, Shelton worked on the launch of sister brands Travel City Direct and Bales Worldwide, as well as implementing a newly-centralised marketing model to "maximise efficiency" across its 60-strong in-house team.
He also oversaw the roll-out of a number of high-profile ad campaigns, including its ‘Rockstar Service’ ads featuring a fictional Spinal Tap-style US rock band called The Danke Schons.
Virgin Holidays managing director Amanda Wills said: "The last eight years have been a time of great change at Virgin Holidays, and marketing has played a key role in that transformation.
"Andrew’s confident, enlightened and focused approach has ensured our brand has evolved in tandem with that changing marketplace, and he’ll be sorely missed by everyone here."
Virgin Group brand director James Tipple added: "Andrew’s been a tremendous asset to Virgin and we’ll be sad to see him go this summer. Virgin Holidays has not only grown, but flourished, during his time there, which is a testament to his energy, vision and understanding of it means to be ‘Virgin’."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)