Report exposes UK/US salary gap
Digital agency executives in North America were paid over 40 per cent more than those in Europe in 2013, according to a global salary report.
The report, published by SoDA, the digital agencies’ association, found that the salaries for project managers, creative directors, producers, graphic designers and copywriters "stagnated" in Europe in 2013.
Although salaries for many equivalent positions in North America also remained flat, they were significantly higher than those in Europe.
Globally, there was an 8 per cent increase in the median salary for creative directors among SoDA member agencies, although the gap between the median salaries in North America and Europe widened from 30 per cent in 2012 to 41 per cent.
According to the report, account directors in New York were paid 20 per cent more than those in London, while executive creative directors or chief creative officers received 67 per cent more in New York than in London.
Chris Buettner, the executive director at SoDA, said: "North America has been quicker to recover from the economic downturn. Many brands and clients in Europe have not been investing to the level we would want them to. It’s a much better scenario there than in Europe."
SoDA represents 80 agencies and production companies across 26 countries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)