RateSetter launches pitch to find first-ever creative agency
RateSetter, the peer-to-peer lending company, is seeking its first creative agency to develop a multimillion-pound campaign.
RateSetter: advertising was previously handled in-house
The company is thought to be speaking to four agencies. It plans to hold a pitch and choose a winner by the end of this month.
The winning shop will develop activity that will run this summer and introduce RateSetter to the mass market.
It is understood that a substantial amount of the £5 million in funding that RateSetter received from its shareholders in June 2013 will be spent on the campaign.
RateSetter has previously created advertising in-house, such as press work and a small-scale online campaign, which included a film that featured people dressed as zombies roaming the City of London.
Ian Cruickshank, RateSetter’s chief marketing officer, will lead the pitch.
RateSetter is one of the three best-known peer-to-peer lending companies, alongside Zopa and Funding Circle. However, RateSetter plans to compete with banks to capitalise on public distrust of them since the financial downturn.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)