Dogs Trust marketing director Adrian Burder to take top role
Adrian Burder, the deputy chief executive and marketing director of the Dogs Trust, is set to take over the running of the charity, as chief executive Clarissa Baldwin OBE revealed she will retire later this year.
Dogs Trust: charity reveals that new chief executive is to be Adrian Burder
Baldwin has been at the charity for 40 years, and her work to improve dog welfare and the rehoming of stray and abandoned dogs has led to Dogs Trust being the UK's largest dog charity.
Baldwin was responsible for launching the charity's slogan: "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas." She will retire in October this year.
Taking over from Baldwin, Burder will be responsible for the charity's near 800 staff and its care of 16,000 dogs a year, while overseeing the charity's work in more than 10 countries globally, alongside its work with communities and the government to deal with a range of animal welfare issues.
Burder joined the Dogs Trust 20 years ago and has had an instrumental role in increasing the charity's income from just over £3m to £75m a year, while successfully overseeing the charity's rebrand from the National Canine Defence League.
A new campaigns director role will be filled at the charity later this year by David Cowdrey, who is currently head of communications at the RSPCA.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)