Shakira signed as face of Danone's 'first ever' global integrated campaign
Danone has signed up Shakira as the global face of Activia, with the Columbian singer gyrating and singing her new single in a TV ad for the yoghurt brand.
Shakira: the singer becomes the face of Danone's global integrated campaign
The campaign – Activia's biggest integrated global communication campaign to date - will run on TV, as well as digital, print and outdoor media.
The ad was filmed in Barcelona and features a fantasy forest in which Shakira is showered with flurries of gold stardust, while she dances to the single ‘Dare (La La La)’. Danone said that her moves "express how good she feels inside".
The campaign kicks off in more than 50 countries around the world on Sunday 16 March, with the commercial available on a new Activia global website, which goes live on the same day.
In the meantime, Danone has released a making-of video featuring the pop star.
Shakira said: "I believe that feeling good on the inside is the key to personal well-being, and dance is one way to communicate that synergy of feeling good inside and overall well-being.
"Part of why I collaborated with Activia to make the new TV commercial is because I truly believe that taking care of yourself from the inside helps you unlock and express your well-being on the outside."
Jeffrey Rothman, vice-president of marketing at The Dannon Company – Danone’s American subsidiary – added: "This new campaign demonstrates the connection between how you feel when your digestive system is working well and your overall well-being.
"Like no one else in the world, Shakira’s performance illustrates how feeling good on the inside can help you feel wonderful overall."
The ad was created by Vinzius Young & Rubicam Barcelona.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Brand manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + pension, South East England
- Marketing and Advertising Executive The Little Black Book Agency £25000 per annum, Harrogate