Unilever puts cash behind digital ventures for global expansion and marketing
Unilever has today announced the seven innovative digital companies it is backing as part of its 'Go Global' programme, which will partner with seven of the FMCG giant's own brands to develop new marketing campaigns.
Marc Mathieu: senior vice-president of marketing at Unilever
Africori, NewAer, LifeSum, and Thoughtful Media Group are some of the seven digital companies that have been picked by Unilever to partner with brands Clear, Hellman's, Magnum, Flora, Surf, Vaseline and Unilever project sunlight to create "groundbreaking" digital marketing campaigns.
Unilever will give each of the companies selected $100,000 in cash, mentorship, and a range of services in exchange for a customised digital marketing pilot for each of the named brands, covering the area of content, mobile or connected devices.
These campaigns will then go live across Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
Marc Mathieu, senior vice-president, marketing, at Unilever, said: "It is important as marketers to constantly adapt and get ahead of the world we live in. With technology – and even more so with mobile technology – the pace of change is accelerating exponentially.
"Working with young, high-growth companies that are partly inventing the future will enable us to continue to pioneer new technologies and platforms which can help our brands engage more meaningfully with people around the world."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)