CHI retains £55m Argos ad account
CHI & Partners has retained the £55 million Argos advertising account after a head-to-head battle against Now.
Argos: 'toy exchange' by CHI & Partners
Argos began the review of its advertising account in December 2013, when it appointed AAR to manage the pitch.
The brief was to "reinvent Argos as a digital retail leader" and was led by the marketing director, Stephen Vowles, who joined Argos in September last year.
Speaking about the reappointment, Vowles said: "We saw some really exciting ideas on how we can reposition Argos as a more universally appealing, digitally-led business, and we're looking forward to continuing our strong relationship with the CHI & Partners team to make these ideas a reality."
JWT London, Publicis London and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R also pitched for the account alongside CHI & Partners and Now but were dismissed before the final round.
Melissa Robertson, a managing partner at Now, said: "We were thrilled to get down to the last two on such a competitive pitch. Argos have been great clients to work with, but huge congratulations have to go to CHI for retaining the account."
CHI & Partners has worked with Argos since 2005, when the agency won a four-way pitch against DDB London, WCRS, and the incumbent Euro RSCG, which had held the business for three years.
Paul Phillips, the managing director of AAR, said: "Goldie [Sarah Golding, CEO] and the team should be congratulated for not simply retaining the business, but winning the pitch against tough competition."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £200 - £220 per day, London
- Freelance Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £230 - £250 per day, London