Three great ads Danny Brooke-Taylor had nothing to do with
Danny Brooke-Taylor, founding partner at Lucky Generals, shares three ads he admires but had nothing to do with, in the latest in Brand Republic's 3 Great Ads series, in association with Thinkbox.
"I was asked what’s my favourite ad most recently, and by a country mile it’s the ‘Beach’ commercial."
Danny’s first choice is the much-applauded ad for Brown Forman’s Southern Comfort, showing an assuredly confident but overweight man strutting down a sunny beach. "They deserve every award going for that."
Danny’s second choice however, is about losing the belly, with Reebok’s fast-paced ad showing a runner literally running away from his weight.
"It’s based on a very robust truth that men of a certain age are going to wake up in the morning with a cracking set of moobs."
Danny’s final choice is a British ad for the American soft drink Dr Pepper, which shows a simple shopping trip spinning wildly and embarrassingly out of control. "Literally, it’s the worst thing that could happen to you."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)