Jaywing buys Epiphany in £18m deal
Jaywing, the agency known as 20:20 Group until last year, has bought the search agency Epiphany in a £18 million deal.
Agency deal: Epiphany group chief executive Rob Shaw and Jaywing chief executive Martin Boddy
The deal includes an initial £12 million in cash with an additional £6 million available depending on the agency’s performance over the next two years.
Shane Quigley and Robin Skidmore founded Epiphany in 2005. The agency has 140 staff across offices in Leeds and London. It works with brands including Virgin Holidays, Tesco, Axa Insurance and Pets at Home.
Quigley and Skidmore will continue at the agency, with the former taking on a product development role alongside retaining responsibility for Epiphany Australia and the latter developing Shackleton, its social PR operation.
Rob Shaw, the group chief executive of Epiphany, will continue to run the search agency.
Martin Boddy, the chief executive at Jaywing, said: "This ambitious acquisition is another big step forward in our reinvention. By focusing on digital opportunities to marry data science with brand, acquisition and customer marketing, we will achieve superior results for our clients and better experiences for their customers.
"Epiphany is a vital piece in our jigsaw as it will provide our unrivalled team of over 50 data scientists with access to the digital data which will fuel our innovation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury