OMD loses £600m global Vodafone account
OMD has lost the £600 million global media planning and buying business for Vodafone, which will move to either Group M or the Denstu Aegis Network.
Vodafone: the wait by Grey London
Sources said Omnicom’s OMD has been told it has not made it through to the final stage of the process, leaving Group M and the Dentsu Aegis Network, the owner of Carat and Vizeum, to battle it out for the business.
OMD has worked with Vodafone for 17 years, bar a six-month period in 2009. The network has the global account, although Vodafone does work with local partners in some markets.
Vodafone appointed OMD to its international media planning and buying account in August 2009, when the business was worth £800 million. OMD beat WPP’s Team Red in the final stage of the review, which had involved Carat earlier on.
OMD had held the account for 12 years previously but briefly lost the business to Carat in January 2009.
WPP’s specialist Vodafone team, Team Red, holds the telecoms company’s creative account. Grey London works on the telecom giant’s global advertising and Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R handles the UK account.
A spokeswoman for Vodafone said: "The process of selecting a media planning and buying agency is still ongoing, and we will update you when we conclude the review."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End