Lucky Generals in contention for Labour's election account
Lucky Generals has quietly begun working for Labour and looks set to be on the shortlist when the party holds a pitch for its general election account this spring.
Labour: Lucky Generals created work around the Budget
On Budget day on Wednesday, the agency unveiled a digital and outdoor ad highlighting Ed Miliband’s flagship campaign on the cost of living. It shows a woman holding up a plastic bag, rather than the Chancellor George Osborne’s Budget box, displaying the words: "We’ve all got budgets George."
Labour officials said Lucky Generals is working on an informal basis but has impressed party headquarters. The start-up is likely to do more work around the May local elections and could be in a strong position to win the general election business.
The Labour leadership wants to use the pitch, which it has brought forward to after the May elections, to see what talents could be at its disposal.
Labour sources stressed that no decisions on the make-up of the shortlist had been taken. Other options include TBWA\London, which publicised Miliband’s proposed energy price freeze last autumn, and BMB, which did some work around last year’s local elections.
Saatchi & Saatchi, which Labour used in 2010, will not be part of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...