WPP to buy majority stake in Cognifide digital consultancy
WPP has agreed to buy a majority stake in Cognifide, a digital technology consultancy with clients such as Skype and Virgin Media.
Cognifide: WPP to acquire a majority stake in the digital technology consultancy
The digital investment arm of WPP, WPP Digital, and its digital and direct network Wunderman, will take equal stakes in the Cognifide business.
Cognifide’s 200-strong staff helps its clients develop digital frameworks to create, manage and optimise measurable experiences across different platforms from its offices in the UK, Poland and Denmark.
The deal will boost WPP client’s ability to create, manage and deliver content online, while providing Cognifide an opportunity to develop its consulting and technology services.
Mark Read, the chief executive of WPP Digital, said: "Cognifide has unparalleled expertise in realizing the benefits of digital technology platforms in a multi-brand, multi-channel and multi-territory environment, helping to transform its enterprise clients by building their own digital capability.
"As a leading consulting and implementation partner for Adobe and Sitecore, Cognifide is an important strategic addition to WPP."
WPP and Cognifide declined to comment on the terms of the deal.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)