AOL launches video platform AOL On in UK
AOL UK has launched AOL On, its premium video network in the UK, with content partners Endemol beyond, Channel 4 News, ITN, Scripps Networks International, Little Dot Studios, MyMovies, Videojug, Trinity Mirror, Telegraph Media Group and TalkTalk.
AOL On: video network launches in the UK
The new network will feature both curated and original content around news, entertainment, style and tech. The network also includes AOL's own sites, The Huffington Post UK, AOL, Parentdish, MyDaily and TechCrunch.
It follows the launch of The AOL On Network in North America last year, which regularly achieves the number-one spot in comScore’s video category with four billion ad streams, and is the top premium digital video provider with one billion content streams.
Part of this success is attributed to AOL's venture into original content creation through the AOL Originals, a slate of high-quality original programming with talent such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicole Richie.
Graham Moysey, head of international at AOL, said: "AOL On is already the web's largest premium curated video library and today we're launching with some of the UK's leading content producers and publishers and looking forward to getting many more on board in the coming months."
In addition to the online video hub, the AOL On app will be available in the UK in the Apple App and Google Play stores in early April.
AOL On builds on AOL’s existing video offering through branded content distribution business, Be On and programmatic video trading platform Adap.tv.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)