Vimto ditches 'mixed up' fruit characters for new Vimtoad
Vimto has ditched its misbehaving fruit characters in its new "Seriously mixed up fruit" campaign, introducing a "Vimtoad" brand mascot in their place.
New Vimtoad character created by Aardman Animations
The new character, a "cheeky northern toad" created by Aardman Animations, sports a fruity shirt showing raspberries, blackcurrants and grapes.
In what the brand claims to be its biggest marketing investment to date, the introduction of the new Vimtoad is the brand’s bid to target the mothers of its teen audience.
The £6.5m campaign, created by Driven, features a TV ad supported by digital and radio work, alongside a nationwide sampling campaign. The launch of the campaign in April will also see an overhaul of the brand’s packaging.
The brand's previous 'Low rider' work specifically targeted teens, with its latest iteration seeing a partnership with digital video platform Vevo.
Clare Brown, brand manager for Vimto, said: "Vimtoad and our new packaging will continue to appeal to our young consumers whilst also attracting a wider audience, especially mums, who are looking for a brand they can buy for the whole family.
"Vimto has a versatile range and healthier No Added Sugar options that mums will appreciate."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)