Oculus Rift in action: what are the marketing opportunities?
Virtual reality was popularised in the 1980s with cult classics such as 'TRON'. In those days, the theory behind the technology always outstripped the reality, but the picture looks different today.
Marketing visited Henry Stuart, co-founder of Visualise, and Jon Spary, head of new business at Curb, to test out the awe-inspiring experience provided by the Oculus Rift virtual reality technology.
We investigated how the technology works, how a virtual reality roller coaster can feel like the real deal, and the potential experiential marketing possibilities provided by Oculus Rift, which is a technology that has to be experienced to truly be believed.
What is it?
The experience – base jumping and a 3D virtual reality roller coaster
What can brands do with it?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)