Oculus Rift in action: what are the marketing opportunities?
Virtual reality was popularised in the 1980s with cult classics such as 'TRON'. In those days, the theory behind the technology always outstripped the reality, but the picture looks different today.
Marketing visited Henry Stuart, co-founder of Visualise, and Jon Spary, head of new business at Curb, to test out the awe-inspiring experience provided by the Oculus Rift virtual reality technology.
We investigated how the technology works, how a virtual reality roller coaster can feel like the real deal, and the potential experiential marketing possibilities provided by Oculus Rift, which is a technology that has to be experienced to truly be believed.
What is it?
The experience – base jumping and a 3D virtual reality roller coaster
What can brands do with it?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)