Putting out fires? All in a day's work in Vodafone's new ad - but what's for dinner?
What would you be thinking about if forced to put out a raging fire? What's for dinner, apparently, if the new UK campaign by Vodafone is to be believed.
The emotional clip, the first to be overseen by Vodafone’s new director of brand marketing Daryl Fielding, dwells on the network’s support of the UK’s emergency services.
It shows real, off-duty firemen attending to a blazing car on a motorway, with a matter-of-fact voiceover by a fireman’s wife explaining how the first communication she receives from her husband is "What’s for dinner?"
Fielding said: "This is a new approach for Vodafone UK, disrupting the trivialisation of the category. It’s a simple message and one which everyone can identify with – the importance of connectivity and the dependability of Vodafone’s network."
Client: Daryl Fielding, director of brand marketing, Vodafone
Agency: Grey London
Creatives: Nils Leonard, Vicki Maguire, Jonathan Marlow
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)