Ritz to take its biscuits back to TV for first time in 30 years
Ritz, the Mondelez-owned biscuit brand, is readying a grand return to TV, it's first in 30 years, as the company launches a series of products for the baked snack brand.
Ritz: returns to TV for the first time in 30 years
As Mondelez introduces the new Ritz Breaks, snack packs of five strips of three crackers, which will be available in original, rosemary and olive oil, the brand will be seen on screens with a £2.5m marketing push.
Marketing manager Rick Lawrence said he had a blank canvas when developing the Ritz brand in the UK, stating that the biscuits have traditionally been sold at Christmas and for parties, without a firm position in the market.
Now, Ritz Breaks will be aimed at millennials who lead rich, busy lives and will use the snacks to refuel, he added.
Lawrence said: "There is an opportunity to take advantage of an untapped occasion of an afternoon snack – most convenient savoury products are either too boring, too 'naughty' or not filling enough."
The new work follows Mondelez's unlikely product combination of Cadbury Dairy Milk and Ritz, which was set to "revolutionise" the snacking occasion, supported by a £7.5m ad campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)